With fall approaching, mice start looking for warm places to overwinter and your Burlington home may be the perfect location. Mice can contaminate your food, make your family sick with their droppings and ruin items you have in storage. Furthermore, they can cause damage to your home, and attract other pests. Therefore, keeping mice out should be a priority for Burlington homeowners this fall. With some preventative measures and help from Burlington Pest Control, you can protect your home from mice infestations.
How to Keep Mice Out
There are several practical and easy steps you can take to prevent mice from making your Burlington home their home Some of these include:
- Uitilizing door guards on all exterior doors, including garages, to close gaps
- Sealing up openings around outlets, utility wire and pipe entrances, and vents with screens and foam insulation.
- Repairing damaged siding, holes in your foundation, and tears in screens.
- Cutting overhead branches that could serve as a mouse bridge.
- Taking out the trash regularly and securing outdoor trash bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Keeping food stored in air-tight containers or in the refrigerator.
- Vacuuming, mopping and cleaning up crumbs and spills frequently.
- Reducing clutter and places where mice can hide in attics, basements, garages, and crawl spaces.
Keep in mind that mice can get into your home through a hole or space as small as a dime. They can climb and dig, so they can get in at the ground level but also the roof level. In addition, mice can chew through most materials, including concrete, aluminum, brick, and wood so they can make a way in where there isn’t one.
Professional Pest Control For Mice
Even with taking precautions it can be difficult to keep mice out of your Burlington home. Mice are persistent in the pursuit of shelter and food. Because of this, they are dependent on humans and are generally not fearful of cohabitating with them. DIY methods and traps may prevent or catch a few, but where there is one mouse, there are usually more.
At Burlington Pest Control, we can protect your home from mice with one of our year-round protection plans or with stand-alone rodent extermination. We offer inspections to identify your problem and offer a treatment plan solution. With over 40 years of service to Burlington homeowners, we offer experience and have a reputation that you can trust to rid your home of mice and other pests this fall.